Player Profile – Bojan KrkicNovember 10, 2007
Full name: Bojan Krkic Perez
Birthplace: Linyola, Spain
Date of Birth: 28th August 1990
Previous Teams: Barcelona Youth and B teams.
National Squad/Number of Appearances: Spain
Bojan Krkic is only 17 yet – in the space of a year – progressed through the Barça ranks from Juvenil A to Barça B to the senior squad. The player is held to have a killer instinct in front of goal and, despite his youth and slight stature, is more than able to handle experienced defenders. He can show a devastating turn of speed, mature positional awareness and is extremely skilful on the ball.
- Bojan joined Barça in 1999 and has had one of the fastest moves through the ranks. He played in Alevi A (2001-2), Infantil B (2002-3), Infantil A (2003-4) and Cadet B (2004-5) He joined the Cadet A squad in 2005-6 but then moved straight up to Juvenil A before moving into the Barça B team in 2006-7.
- In the first half of his season with Barça B he scored 10 goals and became the team’s top scorer.
- During his time in the Barcelona youth set up the player scored 960 goals in seven years breaking all youth goal scoring records.
- Bojan played his first match for the Spanish Under 21 team at the young age of 16.
- He has won the European Under 21 Championship with Spain (2007) and was a runner up in the 2007 Under 17 World Cup where he was voted third best player and won the Bronze Ball.
- Bojan made his Champions League debut as a sub for Messi and became the youngest player to play in a Champions League game.
- The player’s father (also called Bojan) played for Red Star Belgrade in the 1980s and currently works as a scout for Barcelona.
- There is no guarantee that Bojan will play for the Spanish senior squad as his father says he will make a decision whether to play for Spain or Serbia when he gets older.
See Bojan at the Nou Camp. Order Barcelona Tickets online for collection or delivery in Barcelona.
Categorised in: Player Profile